Monday, November 5, 2007

Saturday, 3rd November, 12:15 a.m.

I sit up straight on my bed. My sleep starved eyes stare out of the open window. All I can see are rows of rectangles and squares. I wonder where the birds sleep now. Through a gap in the imposing geometry, I catch a glimpse of a blue-black object. I am surprised. I didn't know the sky was still here. But, there are no stars tonight. Vincent can't paint his pallet blue and gray. The famished clouds have swallowed them up. But, tomorrow they'll be back again; when the clouds regurgitate their dinner; to save their intestines from being cut open by the sharp corners of those wily little stars.
The moon's not here either. She knows what has happened to the stars- but her sides are smooth and round - easier to swallow. She is hiding in the sun's palace. It's a trifle warm in there. But sweating is better than being feasted on I guess.
I turn to look at the watch. Five more hours till the sun discovers the intruder in his palace and kicks her out. I have got school tomorrow (or is it today?), don't I? I better get back to sleeping now. I'll keep the monsters away tonight, I promise. Well, I'll try at least.

3 comments:

Debs said...

I'm speechless...Super stuff...i loved the imagery.Way to go "Jish Kobish"

Niti said...

fantastic creativity...d imagery is spell-binding!

Ţ φ Я Į said...

wow...dat ws really awesome!!